1) Some people think that giving students time during a class to discuss ideas with each other is a good way to help students learn; others think giving students time for discussion is ineffective or a waste of time. Which idea do you agree with, and why?
2) Parents must have strict rules to help their children to be successful.
3) Some people believe that taking field trips (for example, going to the museum) is an important part of children’s education. Others believe that it is better for children to studying at school. Which opinion do you prefer?
4) The best way for a teacher to help students interested in a subject is to explain that subject will help them outside school.
5) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what field they study.
6) Universities should require all their students to learn about foreign cultures as well as their own culture.
7) Younger school children should be required to study art and music in addition to math, language, science and history.
8) Some people say that teachers and parents should decide what assignment or activities children should do after school. Others say that children should make these decisions on their own. Which view do you agree with?
9) Do you think children’s after school activities should be arranged or should be chosen by children themselves?
10) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: These days, children spend more time in doing homework or participating in organized activities related to school or sports. However, they should be given more time to do whatever they want.
(1)Agree or disagree?
The most important ways to improve the people’s health is to clean the environment.
(2)Which way would you like to take to improve your health? A. eat more healthy food. B. do more exercises. C. reduce stress.
(3)The government can take a variety of actions to help protect the environment.
Which one of the following do you think is the most important for the nation’s government to take to protect the environment.
1.Fund the research to develop environmentally friendly energy sources such as solar and wind energy.
2.Preserve the natural places like forests and protect the animals that live there.
3.Enforce laws to prevent the pollution of air and water by large companies.