1.When asked about the ongoing uproar involving U.S. President Bill Clinton , most people say the affair involves a purely private matter . But many other people regard his actions as deplorable. I personally think the president committed impeachable offences.
2、Some people, especially the old, believe that ... ... (一些人，尤其是老人，认为... ...)
3、Other people, the young in particular, argue that ... ... (别的人，尤其是年轻人，认为... ...)
4、Some current analyses conclude that ... ... (当下的一些分析表明... ...)
5. Most people are of the opinion that wealth provides solutions to all problems. But in spite of the material benefits wealth provides , I believe one should abandon the pursuit of materialism and instead concentrate on the pursuit of happiness .
6. Many people believe that capital punishment deters crime. But although criminologists have conducted exhaustive research regarding the subject, little evidence exists to support the claim .
7. An increasing number of people are joining the " Information Age " via the Internet . In reaction to the phenomenon, some say the Internet has removed barriers and provided people with immediate access to the world . But do they realize that rapidly advancing information technology can also lead to intrusions of privacy ?
8. The use of guanxi is a widespread method for conducting business , but is it a wise one ? The method is now being challenged by more and more people .
9. These days we often hear about the widening gap between the rich and poor . Some argue the developed world has totally ignored the problem . But has it ? Close examination fails to bear out the argument .
10. A bird is known by its note, and a man by his talk. 闻其歌知其鸟，听其言知其人。
11. A bird may be known by its song. 什么鸟唱什么歌。
12. A bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit. 吃亏的和解也比胜诉强。
13. Perhaps the most dangerous phenomenon gripping the nation today is official corruption , which is pervasive in all levels of government .
14. Inflation is yet another new and bitter truth we must learn to face .
15. The rapid expansion of urban areas has in many cases encroached on valuable cultivatable land , and led to a general recognition that development must not be carried at the cost of agriculture . The government has attached greater importance to the problem and an increasing number of redundant projects are being terminated .